Indigo & Shibori Workshop with Aaron Sanders Head: September 15th
Join us at Freckled Hen Farmhouse for an exciting afternoon of Indigo & Shibori with Aaron Sanders Head!
- SATURDAY, September 15th, from 10AM-1PM -
During this workshop, Aaron will teach you the basics of indigo & shibori technique.
• Learn basics of shibori resist dyeing, with a concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist.
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat.
• 1 scarf-sized piece of linen and a yard of cotton will be provided.
• Feel free to bring your own goods to dye, but please avoid bulky pieces (towels, jackets, bedding etc.). Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best. Pre-wash in hot water before the workshop.
• If time and materials allow, more experimental dyeing (paper, wax-resist, yarn, hair) can be done at the end of the workshop.
• Wear old clothing that can be stained. The dye will splash. This includes shoes.
We'll also enjoy sweet treats & sips! All attendees will have the opportunity to shop at Freckled Hen Farmhouse & enjoy 20% off their entire purchase.
Grab your friends & join us for a creative afternoon at Freckled Hen Farmhouse!
Photos by Grace Boto