Freckled Hen Zucchini Seeds
This Italian heirloom squash variety was introduced to the US in the 1920s and popularized zucchini in America. Plants produce large quantities of straight, dark green fruit that are great for grilling and sauteing. Harvest regularly and pick zucchini when 6-8 inches long for best flavor. But if the fruit get too big you can always make zucchini bread!
- Where to plant: Plant zucchini in an area with full sun and moist, fertile soil.
- When to start inside: In cold climates start seeds indoors 3-4 weeks before your last frost date.
- When to sow outside: Transplant or directly sow zucchini into the garden after the last frost once the soil has warmed.
- Packed for 2019
- 50 days to maturity
- The seeds chosen are the very same varieties Luke & Natalie grow in their garden.
- The seeds are are easy to grow by a beginning gardener & trusted by our fellow small farmers.
The Freckled Hen Collection, inspired by Luke & Natalie's life on Freckled Hen Farm, is a thoughtful collection of goods that are both beautiful & useful. This collection is sure to encourage folks to slow down & savor the somewhat ordinary - yet extraordinary - moments of life that go unnoticed unless we take the time to really appreciate them.