Freckled Hen Swiss Chard Seeds
This mix of brilliantly-colored Bright Lights Chard will look great in your vegetable garden and your flower bed! You’ll find yellow, pink, crimson, orange, purple, white, and green stems in this mix - which keep their color after cooking and have a rich, peppery flavor. Leaves will regrow if cut back 2 inches from the crown and the plants can tolerate light frost in the spring and fall.
- Where to plant: Plant chard in moist, fertile soil with full sun to partial shade.
- When to start inside: Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before your last frost date.
- When to sow outside: Directly sow or transplant chard in early spring as soon as the soil can be worked. Plant again in late summer for a fall harvest.
- Packed for 2019
- 60 days to maturity
- The seeds chosen are the very same varieties Luke & Natalie grow in their garden.
- The seeds are are easy to grow by a beginning gardener & trusted by our fellow small farmers.
The Freckled Hen Collection, inspired by Luke & Natalie's life on Freckled Hen Farm, is a thoughtful collection of goods that are both beautiful & useful. This collection is sure to encourage folks to slow down & savor the somewhat ordinary - yet extraordinary - moments of life that go unnoticed unless we take the time to really appreciate them.