Freckled Hen Okra Seeds
Clemson Spineless Okra is the classic Southern okra, with tender, emerald-green spineless pods that are delicious fried, pickled, roasted, or in a gumbo. This okra will continue to produce all season long and can grow over 5 feet tall. Be sure to harvest several times a week, picking pods when they are 3-4 inches long before they become fibrous.
- Where to plant: Plant okra in a warm, sunny area with well-drained soil.
- When to start inside: In cold climates start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before your last frost date.
- When to sow outside: Directly sow or transplant okra in the garden in the spring after danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed.
- Packed for 2019
- 55 days to maturity
- The seeds chosen are the very same varieties Luke & Natalie grow in their garden.
- The seeds are are easy to grow by a beginning gardener & trusted by our fellow small farmers.
The Freckled Hen Collection, inspired by Luke & Natalie's life on Freckled Hen Farm, is a thoughtful collection of goods that are both beautiful & useful. This collection is sure to encourage folks to slow down & savor the somewhat ordinary - yet extraordinary - moments of life that go unnoticed unless we take the time to really appreciate them.