Freckled Hen Kale Seeds
Dating back to the 18th century, this Tuscan kale produces large, blue-green, heavily crinkled leaves that have a sweet, mild flavor. Baby leaves can be harvested for tender salads or mature leaves can be harvested for cooking, harvesting the older, lower leaves first. Kale is very cold tolerant and can be grown and harvested all winter long.
- Where to plant: Plant kale in fertile soil with full sun to partial shade.
- When to start inside: Start seeds indoors 6 weeks before your last frost date.
- When to sow outside: Transplant kale in the garden as soon as the soil can be worked in the spring. Plant again in late summer for a fall harvest.
- Packed for 2019
- 60 days to maturity
- The seeds chosen are the very same varieties Luke & Natalie grow in their garden.
- The seeds are are easy to grow by a beginning gardener & trusted by our fellow small farmers.
The Freckled Hen Collection, inspired by Luke & Natalie's life on Freckled Hen Farm, is a thoughtful collection of goods that are both beautiful & useful. This collection is sure to encourage folks to slow down & savor the somewhat ordinary - yet extraordinary - moments of life that go unnoticed unless we take the time to really appreciate them.