Freckled Hen Basil Seeds
This classic large-leaved Italian sweet basil is prized for its flavor and aroma and is a considered a top pick for pesto and traditional Italian dishes. Fragrant plants grow 18-24 inches tall and produce a densely branched canopy when trimmed regularly. Basil is very sensitive to frost, but the leaves can be chopped and frozen in olive oil for winter use.
- Where to plant: Plant basil in an area with full sun and moist, fertile soil.
- When to start inside: Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before your last frost date.
- When to sow outside: Transplant basil in the garden after the last chance of frost has passed.
- Packed for 2019
- 68 days to maturity
- The seeds chosen are the very same varieties Luke & Natalie grow in their garden.
- The seeds are are easy to grow by a beginning gardener & trusted by our fellow small farmers.
The Freckled Hen Collection, inspired by Luke & Natalie's life on Freckled Hen Farm, is a thoughtful collection of goods that are both beautiful & useful. This collection is sure to encourage folks to slow down & savor the somewhat ordinary - yet extraordinary - moments of life that go unnoticed unless we take the time to really appreciate them.