- Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate
We are looking for a warm, welcoming, kind & hardworking individual to represent our brick & mortar shop during the summer months. This position has the potential to become year-round. This individual will work closely with customers to provide an exceptional shopping experience. It is the sale associate's job to make sure the storefront is in pristine order & comfortable for our customers. This person will also be responsible for packaging online orders during the business day. This position has opportunity for creative roles in product photography & graphics if the candidate is qualified.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to work Wednesday, some Fridays, some Saturdays and Sundays if possible during the months of May, June, July & August.
- Must have a flexible schedule including working holidays, weekends, and covering shifts of other employees.
- Retail experience is not required, but a knowledge of our product lines is heavily encouraged. A warm personality is a requirement. Must have excellent customer service skills & be able to handle even the most difficult of customer needs with grace & kindness.
- Must have a passion for cultivating a cozy home. Gardening knowledge is not required, but we do love folks with a green thumb!
- Must be self-motivated & not afraid of hard work.
- Must be able to work productively alone & in a team setting with coworkers.
- Great at multi-tasking & is able to handle a busy (& sometimes hectic!) environment. There will be days that this individual will need to run the storefront while also shipping online orders. This person handles this large responsibility with ease.
- Must have an eye for creative store displays. As we receive new inventory, it is part of the sales associate's responsibility to make sure it is displayed in an eye-catching & brand-appropriate way.
- Photography skills (both DSLR & iPhone) & graphic design skills are icing on the cake!
- Greeting & assisting customers
- Keeping the store properly stocked and merchandised with intention
- Opening and Closing the shop
- Putting new products in the POS system
- Keeping the shop clean. This means dusting, taking out trash, mopping the floors, etc.
- Assisting with the packaging & mailing of online orders
- Able to do some lifting, kneeling, climbing ladders, and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods during a shift as well as walking around the shop.
To be considered please email the following:
Please write a cover letter telling us why you would like to work on our team at Freckled Hen Farmhouse. Please include a resume & the contact information for two individuals that can speak on behalf of your character & work ethic. We will not review an application without a cover letter, resume & two references.
Send the above information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject : "Freckled Hen Farmhouse Sales Associate"
Due to the amount of resumes we receive, we will only contact those applicants who will be selected for an interview. We will begin contacting applicants on May 3rd.
Freckled Hen Farmhouse is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.